HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc   Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Lock-Ins at the GameYard are all-night events running from midnight until 7:00am. We hold them every Saturday (for all ages 11+). In July we are running a special so the fee for the Lock-ins is $5 off the usual price -- in July it is only $25 per person ($20 if prepaid at least 1 day in advance). We provide food, pop, and run some mini-tournaments and raffles to give out prizes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegameyard.forum-motion.com
TheMagicStuff

PostSubject: Tips   Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 am

I have been to a lock-in before, and there is something i suggest. Take Part in the mini tournaments, they are fun. Also when the food arives, you want to get to it as soon as possible cause some people go after it and take as much as they can, leaving almost nothing left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mizz

PostSubject: I'm a crafty Lock-in Veteran   Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:44 am

The food situation is normally an issue.
You have guys literally sprinting to the food and trying to eat as fast as possible and as soon as there done eating they have this strange line of thinking thatif I'm done eating others are too, and I see pizza left so I can take more. You also have the gamers that are so into there games I've seen many times where they won't eat until 2 or 3 hours after the food has arrived and they complain about it being cold and not having alot left. I can't decide which is funnier.

I have an idea:
Why don't you have themed nights like. Have a halloween party and all gamers have to have a costune or they get viva pinata for 8 hours. If where there for 8 hours any way and theres food like a party why not treat it as a lan party or something. HAve gamers bring in xbox original games. and have flash back night. Thats just something that came to mind.

The Mizz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc   Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 pm

We're doing a Halloween Lock-in (on Halloween night) - 9:00pm - 7:00am, $30 per person. I'm getting some costume stuff (monster gloves, monster feet, masks, etc), and we'll have mini-tournaments during the night where players have to compete wearing the gloves, DDR with the feet on, etc. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegameyard.forum-motion.com
fandangis

PostSubject: MMMHHMMMM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Yea usually when I'm at the lock ins i always miss when the food gets there and by the time someone tells me there's food its the last, smallest piece of pizza. that's probably my fault though i get way to involved in the games lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/tylerolmsted
Whiteraven089

PostSubject: Re: Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc   Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:42 am

The issue with the food is that we eat at 12, and I'm usually starving again by 5 or 6. I realize that pizza places are not open that late but That is my problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc   

Back to top Go down

Lock-Ins - the Whos, Whys, Whens, etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gameyard Forums :: GameYard General Info :: LockIn Info-
Jump to: