The Forum To Get All The Info You Need About Whats Going on At The Game Yard

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gamers Give Back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Mizz

PostSubject: Gamers Give Back   Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello My name is Matt. My friends and I are going to organize this years Gamers Give Back Marathon. Last year we did a great job. Raised over 500$ for the Santaland parade. This year were going to at least Double are donation to over $1,000. And were going to decide on the charity as a group. This event will take place in either July or August. This year were looking for gamers who can go that extra mile and game for 72 hours straight. We came close last year, big ups to my boys elliot and carl. Along with myself we made is past 64 hours. I want 9 or 10 other gamers who are willing to make the commitment to get donations, make an attempt at 72 hours, and to help make this the best marathon we can possibly put on. Were going to need to put a bit of work in. Getting businesses to donate food or beverages. Setting up a live webcast of the event, and trying to hype the event as much as we can, so we can get some good press for the event and for the gameyard.

If your serious, if you want to be apart of this call me at 313-212-7812.

We'll show that nobody gives more than a gamer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gandalf The Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Give Back   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:43 pm

First off, I'd like to thank Matt for the props. it was hard indeed as he can testify.

Secondly I'd like to warn anyone considering doing this. Before the event started I was thinking "this will be a piece of cake!" But by about 40 hours in i was bashing my brains out wanting it to end. It was near torture, but great fun at the same time. This isn't just a simple 72 hour video game marathon, it's a charity! If you know you wont be able to make it longer then two days, please don't waste a spot. The object is to make money for the charity as time goes by based off of the pledges you get.(If we are doing it the same way.)

I'm willing to help out if I can Matt, but I don't quite know where to start or what to do. I guess we can talk about it next time I see you.

Elliot Bishop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mizz

PostSubject: Update   Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 pm

This saturday, April 11th , I will be at the gameyard to discuss everything from donations, the charity, the sponsors, and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Give Back   

Back to top Go down

Gamers Give Back
Page 1 of 1